Save the Dunes is requesting proposals for GIS work and the creation and printing of 10-15 maps. The project includes combining and cleaning up several shapefiles into a single file geodatabase, digitizing polygon data from two hard copy maps into the file geodatabase, and adding additional layers with updated and pertinent data that will be provided by Save the Dunes. Using these data, 10-15 maps will be produced to highlight different municipalities within the project area. All maps will be printed in full color. Maps will be used in stakeholder meetings and therefore should be a portable and manageable size. Additional maps may be requested in the future. Provide unit price for printing additional maps.
Save the Dunes
Phone: (219) 879-3564
444 Barker Road, Michigan City, IN 46360
Method for Lodgement of Offers
- The offer must be lodged by electronic mail to Katie@savedunes.org by 11:59PM CST on April 12, 2020.
- E-mailed offers must have “GIS Work” in the subject line.
Information Required in Each Response
A cover sheet must include the following minimum information:
- Contractor’s name and contact information.
- An itemized quotation for producing each of the following items.
- Digitize polygon data from two hard copy maps
- Combine several existing Save The Dunes' shapefiles into a single file geodatabase that includes working with staff to categorize the data and populate the attributes.
- Incorporate additional GIS data including, but not limited to, a shapefile of 2020 Indiana Dunes Ecosystem Alliance priorities and a shapefile of a double track buffer zone.
- Create 10-15 custom pdf maps highlighting different municipalities.
- Create Google Earth .kmz files of all data.
- Attend phone or in-person meetings with Staff to coordinate efforts.