Our spring photo contest is back! We are calling on all photographers (novice and pro) to consider submitting to our Save the Dunes Photo Contest – a way to help the team at Save the Dunes build our image library while having a bit of fun. We will accept photos now through May 31, 2022, 11:59pm CST. Photos must adhere to the contest rules below.
This year we have four themes, which means we will have four winners of our prize pack including a Save the Dunes membership, t-shirt, and more! The themes this year are "People in Nature", "Wildlife", "Scenic Beauty", and "Development in Nature". Any people shown in your submitted photos must give permission for use/submission. Note that any photos submitted may be featured in Save the Dunes' printed or digital material. Please submit photos directly to Contest@savedunes.org. Be sure to include your full name for proper credit. Good luck!
- All photos must be of natural areas in the Northwest Indiana region (LaPorte, Porter, and Lake Counties).
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by Save the Dunes for promotional/fundraising, awareness, and educational purposes. Any person who is captured in the photo must consent to their photo being taken and provided to Save the Dunes for this contest and our future use.
- Photos must be original work, taken by the entrants.
- One (1) entry per category per entrant is permitted. If submitting to multiple categories, please include the category type in the file name or email message.
- The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, filtering, or distorting subjects within the frame.
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest channel (firstname.lastname@example.org). Entries not submitted through the proper channel will be deleted.
- Entries will be judged by Save the Dunes’ staff. All decisions are final. Save the Dunes reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is nontransferable.
- The winner will be contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after five business days, a new winner will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.